Bader Behaishan Al Busaies
Lawyer, Certified Arbitrator and Mediator
Bader Al Busaies is a certified lawyer from the Ministry of Justice Saudi Arabia and a renowned Arbitrator in the Kingdom since 2003 and acting as Managing Partner of one of leading law firm in Saudi Arabia as well as certified mediator from Chartered Institute of Arbitrators in London. He has accomplished various types of legal and management trainings organized by several international training institutes. He has extensive experience in advising international and local clients from both Public and Private sectors like Oil and Gas, Energy, Insurance, Construction, Tourism, Banking, Foreign investment, corporate law etc.
The area of his practice and expertise are Contracts, Customs law, regulations of trade, corporate law and corporate governance, Foreign Investment law, Intellectual Property law, Mediation, Arbitration, and litigation. he provides efficient and effective legal advises relative to some very difficult and complex situations handling all types of legal disputes especially in issues between corporates such as banks, insurance companies, contracting companies, Investment companies etc., Bader Al Busaies has important clients from local and international companies. He advises corporates on various aspects of law in different matters. He has substantial experience in assisting companies and business entities to enter and expand their operation to international markets. Also, he is keen in providing advice to Governments and Trade agencies to reform the business and investment climates. He is reputed in the market for his practice involvement in Foreign investment, Banking, Energy, Oil and Gas, Taxation, Insurance and so on.
- Advised and assist APICORP on obtaining loan of US$ 400M. from many international banks.
- Advised and represent Al Rushaid Petroleum Investment Group on various legal claims by and against them.
- Advised British Midland Airways for their operations in Saudi Arabia.
- Advised Proctor & Gamble in operation and maintenance contracts.
- Provided legal assistance to Carlyle Group for their operations in Saudi Arabia
- Advised Mizuho Bank on various legal matters in Saudi Arabia
- Provided legal opinion to Sumitomo Corporation on various issues related to conversion of the format of one of their entity also on the new logistic scheme through bonded Re- Export Zone in Jeddah.
- Advised Mc Donald Saudi Arabia in leasing contracts.
- Advised Euler Hermes (insurance company- Italy) in respect of their operation in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Advised Allianz Saudi Fransi Cooperative Insurance Company in their case filed by Shas Co. at the Insurance Disputes Settlement Committee in Riyadh,
- Advised Mitsubishi Heavy Industries in liquidation of their subsidiary in Saudi Arabia.
- Advised ThyssenKrupp Xervon SA. on disputes against their sub-contractors
- Provided legal and regulatory assistance to Gumpro Drilling Fluids Pvt. Ltd. India, on establishing one man LLC in Saudi Arabia.
- Advised Linde Arabia Contracting Co. in various corporate matters.
- Provided legal assistance to local and foreign entities to establish business in KSA
- Represent National Bank of Bahrain in their credit insurance policy dispute against United Cooperative Assurance Co.
- Represent Cameron International Saudi Branch in the case filed by Customs Committee Dammam.
- Advised Sinopec International (Middle East) FZE in doing business in Saudi Arabia, Vision 2030, Aramco IKTVA and to establishing a subsidiary is Saudi Arabia.
- Official liquidator of A.M.C Industrial Construction Co. ltd.
- Advising Saudi Commission for Tourism & National heritage in tourism laws and regulations.
- Provided legal assistance to Hyundai Heavy Industries
- Provided legal assistance to Tabuk Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Co.
- Advised Eli Lilly and company in their patents disputes in Saudi Arabia.
- Advised Jacob Zate Co. on recovery of their entitlements from the contractor Suedrarbau Co.
- Advised POSCO Engineering & Construction Co. Ltd in purchasing camp, and temporary offices, lay-down yard located in Jubail
- Attorney at Law and Managing Partner at Al Suwaiket & Al Busaies Law firm, Al Khobar (2006-Present)
- Legal Consultant for Deputy Minister of Commerce in the Ministry of Commerce and Investment (May 2011-May 2013)
- Attorney at Law & Legal Advisor in Al Gazzawi Professional Association (January 2004- August 2006) handled Saudi Aramco Corporate issues and legal claims.
- Board member in Arab Common Exchange Holding Co. (2003 – 2013).
Professional Association Memberships
- Certified Lawyer and Arbitrator from the Ministry of Justice in Saudi Arabia
- Member of London International Court of Arbitration (LCIA)
- Member of GCC Commercial Arbitration Centre
- Member of Chartered Institute of Arbitrators London (CIArb)
- Member of New York International Arbitration Center (NYIAC)
- Member of Swiss Arbitration Association (ASA)
- Member of Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (HKIAC)
- Member of the American Bar Association
- Member of the International Bar Association (IBA)
- Member of International Chamber of Commerce(ICC)
- Member of Arab British Chamber of Commerce (ABCC)
- Member of the Joint Italian Arab Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the Arab German Chamber of Commerce
- Member in Saudi Scientific Judicial Society
- Member in the Center for American and International Law
- Arabic (Native)
- English (Professional)